John Scott Trotter
- Mr. Trotter’s primary responsibilities at SilverCap include multi-family investment origination and underwriting, asset management and investment disposition.
- Prior to joining SilverCap Partners, he was a Principal and Vice President at Charter Properties, an apartment developer in Charlotte, NC, where he most recently led the firm’s capital markets efforts.
- Before Charter Properties, he was Managing Principal of Blue Heron Capital, a real estate private equity firm in Charlotte, NC which he co-founded in 2009 to invest in value-add apartment projects in the Southeast.
- At Charter Properties and Blue Heron Capital LLC, Mr. Trotter was involved in approximately $300 million in property-level multi-family transactions.
- Prior to Blue Heron Capital LLC, he was a member of the Real Estate and Lodging Investment Banking Group at J.P. Morgan in New York, NY. There, he worked on over $10.2 billion in strategic advisory transactions, on the buy-side and sell-side, and over $8.5 billion in capital raising assignments.
- M.B.A. from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina; B.A. in Economics and a B.A. in Spanish from the University of North Carolina
- Licensed General Contractor
- Mr. Trotter has also been actively involved in the Charlotte community with the Greater Charlotte Apartment Association (Board of Directors, President, former Vice President and Treasurer), the First Tee of Greater Charlotte (former Board of Directors, Treasurer), Christ Episcopal Church (Usher), and as a graduate of Leadership Charlotte, a 10-month leadership development program in Charlotte, NC.